#1244SG – World Class Fishing, Glaciers and Wildlife Galore! Family Medicine Physicians imagine yourself here!
WMS client is seeking a Family Medicine Physician for a full-time outpatient position in Southcentral Alaska. This position exists to provide Family Practice medical care to patients of this gorgeous community.
- Providers work 4 10-hour days (except during orientation phase), generally 7:30 am to 5:30 pm.
- Providers rotate Saturday clinic, so if this locum worked Saturday, they’d have a day off in the week, so Saturday would be their 4th day.
- Patient volumes average 12-15 per day. Clinic uses EClinical Works for EMR. Staff mix includes MA's, RN and other providers.
- Provide compassionate, professional medical care to patients.
- Create comprehensive treatment plans.
- Use EHR system to enter and maintain timely patient data, information, and notes.
- Work collaboratively with other team members
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
- Salary starting at $240,000 and commensurate with experience.
- Complete benefit package ~ retirement with employer match, malpractice, generous PTO
- Sign-on bonus
- Relocation allowance.
- Loan repayment programs
- Successful completion of an approved MD or DO Program
- Must be Board Certified or Board Eligible
- Maintain Active Physician License with State of Alaska
- BLS, ACLS
- Two (2) years of experience in a clinic setting preferred, but not required.
- Experience with Pediatrics or OB/GYN preferred
- Comfortable working with minimal support staff
This position is for someone looking to lay down roots in this beautiful town. The clinic is located within a great community which is in a well-established area of the Great State close to everything! The beautiful Kenai River runs through town which means world-class fishing, cross country ski trails, and hiking trails are also nearby. The winters are mild, and the summers are perfect, you couldn’t ask for a better place to call home!
About Wilderness Medical Staffing:
At Wilderness Medical Staffing, we know you want a fulfilling career where you can practice meaningful medicine with less burnout. We believe that practicing medicine should be an adventure and understand what it feels like to be in your position because our company was founded by a provider like you over 11 years ago. We’re a purpose-driven locum tenens and permanent placement staffing company that actively staffs over 150 amazing rural and remote locations in the northwest United States and Alaska.
Apply here, learn more by visiting www.wildernessmedicalstaffing.com, or contact a recruiter today to inquire about our open and upcoming positions.
All inquiries are confidential.