2241SG POSITION OVERVIEW
The Medical Director shall be a fully licensed physician who supervises and participates in the delivery of primary care and emergency services for this facility.
This is a full-time position which reports directly to the facility director, and will require approximately 75% clinical and 25% administrative duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains consistent interaction with the other department directors, providers, staff and community
- Embraces the customer service standards set by the HEW/MIC (community governing boards)
- Attends and participates in clinical director meetings at the state level
- Participates in community meetings if necessary as the medical representative of the facility
- Maintains and enhances the highest standards of health care delivery to all patients
- Presents reports on health and quality improvement matters as required
- Participates in facility quality improvement process
- Takes a leadership role in meetings of clinicians and staff
- Oversees and coordinates provider staffing to insure appropriate coverage, and coordinates locum staffing
- Maintains patient electronic health records as required by facility document policy
- Assists with and provides consultation and coordination of care with other providers and staff (physician, mid-level, pharmacists, physical therapists, etc.)
- Part of primary care team to participate in chronic and urgent care management
- Oversees and participates in delivery of all elements of emergency services
- Participates in the on-call schedule
- Certified and supervise delivery of MAT services
- Trained in primary care specialty, or other, as approved by the Director and Board
- Current / active licensure in any US state
- Licensed or license-eligible by the State of Alaska
- Obtain and maintain an unrestricted license to practice in Alaska within 6 months of hire
- Proven ability in clinical practice
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to follow projects through to completion
- Ability to build consensus and work in a team setting
- Strong conflict management, negotiation and persuasion skills, professional demeanor, attitude, and motivation
- Applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Applicant will comply with community personnel policies
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of two years clinical experience post residency
- Board certified preferred in primary care specialty
This healthcare facility is located on an island in SE Alaska. Beautiful scenery, friendly staff and community, and close proximity to airport and amenities nearby make this a desirable site to experience an Alaskan adventure. This is a four provider site with support staff.
- Base salary for this position is $325,000, plus additional dependent on experience.
- Housing is provided.
- Health, vision, dental insurance provided for employee and family
- Tax deferred savings plan
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Relocation costs provided
- Annual paid week of CME
- Loan repayment
At Wilderness Medical Staffing, we specialize in staffing locum tenens medical professionals in remote and rural locations throughout Alaska, Montana, and Washington. We use our unique experience with rural medicine to bring excellent medical providers to these communities. We also offer permanent placement for candidates who are looking for a full time position.
For more information, please visit www.wildernessmedicalstaffing.com
Additional questions? Please contact [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you!