2776S Excellent Opportunity to Practice Meaningful Medicine in Western Alaska! Get Out of the Mundane Routine and Make Your Own Schedule while Making Great Money! $33,600 per Month!
This is your chance to take an Alaskan adventure and make great money while you do it! We are currently looking for three or more rotating Physician Assistants or Nurse Practitioners who are able to do high level emergency medicine and primary care. Providers will be on call for emergencies and will rotate to several remote villages. Provider must be extremely flexible, capable of working alone, able to think on their feet, and truly committed to excellent patient care.
Dates: ASAP and Ongoing – Start date is negotiable if you cannot start ASAP.
- Locum Tenens
- Primary and Emergency Care and On-Call for Emergencies
- Monday to Friday 8am (or 9am) to 5pm
- Annual assignments available with rotating schedules
- Travel to and from other village clinics is required
- Patient Volume Village Clinic – Averages 5 per day
- Patient Volume ER – Varies but typically low
- Pay: $870 per day for every day you are in the village.
- $250/day for on call
- Holidays are $1305 per day
- Paid travel day of $870 at the beginning and end of the assignment
- Housing and travel expenses included and are arranged for you
- Medical malpractice insurance provided
- 1099 contractor position
- Enjoy practicing meaningful medicine in these deserving communities
- Active Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant License with State of Alaska
- BLS, ACLS
- ATLS and PALS Preferred but not required
- Active DEA Registration
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in emergency and primary medicine
- Alaska bush experience highly preferred
- Must be able to work independently in a solo provider site
- Must be culturally sensitive and willing to embrace the native community and their culture.
At Wilderness Medical Staffing, we know you want a fulfilling career where you can practice meaningful medicine with less burnout. We believe that practicing medicine should be an adventure and understand what it feels like to be in your position because our company was founded by a provider like you over 12 years ago. We’re a purpose-driven locum tenens and permanent placement staffing company that actively staffs over 150 amazing rural and remote locations in the northwest United States and Alaska.
Apply here, learn more by visiting www.wildernessmedicalstaffing.com, or contact a recruiter today to inquire about our open and upcoming positions.
All inquiries are confidential.