3364D Experience a place that others have only heard about. This is your opportunity to explore the unbelievable beauty during the best time of year in Southwestern Alaska. Make a Minimum of $6,000 per week with additional shifts paid at $1,200 per shift. This assignment is for Oct 5-31 but additional / rotational assignments are an option.
This is your chance to take an Alaskan adventure and make great money while you do it! We are looking for a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant who is skilled in high level emergency medicine and primary care. Provider must be able to handle any emergency, capable of working alone, able to think on their feet, and hard working. This clinic has more advanced therapies than most with Tranexamic Acid for hemorrhagic shock, TPA for strokes and heart attacks. They do chest tubes and central lines. They see a lot of traumas, including severe fractures.
Dates: This assignment is for October 5-31; providers have the option to create a rotational schedule and / or offer additional dates for consideration.
- Locum Tenens
- Primary and Emergency Care and On-Call for Emergencies
- Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 5pm
- Saturday 9am to 1pm
- Call is 1:4 shared with physician and other APP’s
- Pay: $1200.00 per shift, guaranteed 5 shifts per week
- Major holidays are $1800.00 per day if working
- Paid travel days of $1200.00 at the beginning and end of the assignment
- Housing and travel expenses included and are arranged for you
- Medical malpractice insurance provided
- 1099 contractor position
- Active Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant License with State of Alaska
- BLS, ACLS, MUST have ATLS to be considered
- PALS Preferred but not required
- Active DEA Registration
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in emergency and primary medicine
- Alaska emergency medicine experience highly preferred
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be able to handle emergencies solo, but back up is available when needed
At Wilderness Medical Staffing, we know you want a fulfilling career where you can practice meaningful medicine with less burnout. We believe that practicing medicine should be an adventure and understand what it feels like to be in your position because our company was founded by a provider like you over 13 years ago. We’re a purpose-driven locum tenens and permanent placement staffing company that actively staffs over 150 amazing rural and remote locations in the northwest United States and Alaska.
Apply here, learn more by visiting www.wildernessmedicalstaffing.com, or contact a recruiter today to inquire about our open and upcoming positions.
All inquiries are confidential.