Emergency Medicine or Family Medicine Physician for Perm EM Opportunity in Washington/Idaho border town
Wilderness Medical Staffing’s Client is seeking an Emergency Medicine or Family Medicine physician for emergency medicine practice. Join an integrated, full-spectrum primary care practice, in a uniquely situated rural community
- Full Time position that includes 5-6 (24 hour) shifts per month, variable days.
- Perform medical screening examinations on every patient presenting to the Emergency Room (ER) requesting treatment, without discrimination, including but not limited to their ability to pay.
- As medically appropriate, render stabilizing and other medically necessary diagnosis and treatment to patients in need of professional care and transfer, refer, or coordinate admission of patients through other members of the Medical Staff.
- Provide response and emergency treatment at the request of nursing staff regarding cardiac arrest, intubation, or other emergencies.
- Ensuring that patients are stable before transferring them out of the department.
- Promptly complete and sign appropriate medical records and other medical documentation required for each patient.
- Providing discharge instructions and any other relevant paperwork.
Education Background and Experience:
- Medical degree from an accredited medical school
- Residency trained in emergency medicine or family medicine with current EM experience
- BE/BC in emergency medicine or family medicine
- Active Washington medical license or ability to obtain.
- Active DEA
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
- Maintain regulatory requirements.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled, complete work within designated timelines.
- Demonstrates the ability to adhere to the mission, ethics and goals of the District.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate with patients, guests, and staff in a courteous, respectful, and helpful manner.
Compensation and benefits:
- Salary $300,000 – $385,000
- Medical, dental and vision
- Retirement with a 6% dollar for dollar employer match
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Potential for loan repayment (State and Federal options).
- Complementary gym membership
- We offer strong family-like support system
- Collaboration and team building is supported and developed using teaching and practice of the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.