When you start a career at Wilderness Medical Staffing, you’re not just starting a new job, you’re starting your new future.
We hire employees who are serious about our mission of staffing excellent, compassionate medical providers in rural and remote areas so people in every community can experience a healthy, fulfilled life.
As an employee of Wilderness Medical Staffing, you can expect a kind and inclusive team of professionals who strive to support you in your career growth.
Current Open Positions
Operations: Operations Assistant (Remote – Full-Time)
The Operation Associate’s mission is to ensure that our job placements are a success by offering excellent customer service to our healthcare providers and clients, while coordinating assignment logistics.
We do not have any current openings. Please check back soon!
Assignment Coordinator/Marketing Assistant (Remote Opportunity)
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow yourself and truly make a difference with your career? Do you consider yourself a ‘go-getter’ who strives for excellence? Are you an extremely detail-oriented and organized person? If you answered yes to all three of these questions, then this position might be for you!
Who We Are Looking For:
We are looking for the newest member of the Wilderness Medical Staffing team!
This role will require the chosen candidate to split their time between two departments within Wilderness Medical Staffing. As the Assignment Coordinator, your mission is to ensure that our job placements are a success by offering excellent customer service to our healthcare providers and clients while coordinating assignment logistics. As the marketing assistant, you’ll assist the Marketing Director with marketing initiatives to drive the company forward. Both roles require a candidate who is detail oriented and organized and can juggle multiple projects in different stages at one time.
The duties for these roles will be split with approximately 30 hours a week dedicated towards the assignment coordinator role and 10 hours per week dedicated towards the marketing assistant role.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Hospital credentialing for providers
- Provider onboarding – collecting all relevant information and documentation from healthcare providers
- Phone call and email management
- Assignment detail tracking
- Database management (CRM)
- Document organization and management
- WMS team collaboration with our other internal departments
- Assisting with the execution of WMS’s marketing strategy including, but not limited to social media, email marketing, website content, webinars, and other marketing initiatives.
- Working with the marketing department to manage and develop brand and marketing initiatives/campaigns
- Performing market and client research
- Creating reports on marketing performance
- Maintaining schedules for marketing initiatives
Your role as an Assignment Coordinator will include exceeding client and medical provider expectations with an amazing level of service. We want someone who can develop relationships with our medical providers and healthcare facilities by maintaining high levels of trust and rapport.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- Strong organization and planning
- Proactive and aggressive (while maintaining professionalism)
- Attention to detail
- Effective communicator (written and oral)
- Effectively prioritize competing tasks
- Analytical skills
- Creative problem solver
- Flexible and adaptable
- Calm under pressure
- Ability to ideate marketing initiatives
- Adept at learning and utilizing multiple software programs
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience in business, marketing, communications, or related field
- The competencies above
- Experience in the healthcare field
- Experience in the healthcare field
- Experience keeping regular and detailed documentation
- Track record of success in previous positions
- Excellent computer skills and experience including Microsoft Office
- Proficient at using social media platforms for business
- Preferred experience using email marketing software such as Mailchimp
- Preferred experience using Canva
This full-time position includes quarterly profit sharing, health insurance, a great PTO plan, and a retirement plan with a 4% company match!
Are You Ready For Your Next Adventure?
We take pride in our guiding principles:
Perseverance: Get where we need to go, somehow, someway, and nothing will stop us
Ownership: Master your area of the business and bring solutions
Teamwork: Eagerness to sacrifice personal interest for the sake of the team
Integrity: Do right by our clients, providers, and team
Excellence: Make every day your masterpiece
Why Our Team Members Love Working at WMS
- What we do matters. Our efforts to staff high-quality medical providers in remote and rural communities directly affect the healthcare of those communities.
- Our team operates remotely, offering the flexibility to work from nearly any location. However, we value personal interactions, so we prioritize hiring from our hub cities: Spokane, WA; Anchorage, AK; and Bozeman, MT.
- We believe in growth and team-building, so we have company training/educational sessions and virtual social hours for some company fun.
- We support each other and have an internal “no gossip” policy.
- We offer medical insurance, 401K matching, and paid vacation to all full-time employees, plus profit-sharing!
After working as a Nurse Practitioner in rural Alaska and Montana for nearly two decades, Mary Ellen Doty came to understand the need for a staffing company that specializes in staffing rural and remote areas with excellent medical providers. Mary Ellen founded WMS in September 2010 in order to address this need. Now, with a team of dedicated employees, we’re growing faster than ever.