When you start a career at Wilderness Medical Staffing, you’re not just starting a new job, you’re starting your new future.
We hire employees who are serious about our mission of staffing excellent, compassionate medical providers in rural and remote areas so people in every community can experience a healthy, fulfilled life.
As an employee of Wilderness Medical Staffing, you can expect a kind and inclusive team of professionals who strive to support you in your career growth.
Current Open Positions
We do not have any current openings. Please check back soon!
Assignment Coordinator (Remote Opportunity)
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow yourself and truly make a difference with your career? Do you consider yourself a ‘go-getter’ who strives for excellence? Are you an extremely detail-oriented and organized person? If you answered yes to all three of these questions, then this position might be for you!
Who We Are Looking For:
We are looking for the newest member of the Wilderness Medical Staffing team! The Assignment Coordinator’s mission is to ensure that our job placements are a success by offering excellent customer service to our healthcare providers and clients, while coordinating assignment logistics, including:
- Hospital credentialing for providers
- Provider onboarding – collecting all relevant information and documentation from healthcare providers
- Phone call and email management
- Assignment detail tracking
- Database management (CRM)
- Document organization and management
- WMS team collaboration with our other internal departments
Your role as an Assignment Coordinator will include exceeding client and medical provider expectations with an amazing level of service. We want someone who can develop relationships with our medical providers and healthcare facilities by maintaining high levels of trust and rapport.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- Strong organization and planning
- Proactive and aggressive (while maintaining professionalism)
- Attention to detail
- Effective communicator (written and oral)
- Effectively prioritize competing tasks
- Analytical skills
- Creative problem solver
- Flexible and adaptable
- Calm under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience
- The competencies above
- Experience in the healthcare field
- Experience keeping regular and detailed documentation
- Track record of success in previous positions
- Excellent computer skills and experience including Microsoft Office
This full-time position includes quarterly profit sharing, health insurance, a great PTO plan, and a retirement plan with a 4% company match!
Are You Ready For Your Next Adventure?
Our staff works remotely, which allows us to find the best talent for our positions from anywhere.
We also take pride in our guiding principles:
Perseverance – Be a Go-Getter.
Integrity – Do the right thing and be honest in all you do.
Team – Work together toward a common vision.
Leadership – Own your ship.
Excellence – Achieve excellence; don’t just avoid errors.
Why Our Team Members Love Working at WMS
- What we do matters. Our efforts to staff high-quality medical providers in remote and rural communities directly affect the healthcare of those communities.
- We work remotely (but we do have an office local employees can work out of in downtown Spokane, WA).
- We believe in growth and team-building, so we have bi-weekly company training/educational sessions and bi-weekly virtual Happy Hours for some company fun.
- We support each other and have an internal “no gossip” policy.
- We offer medical insurance, 401K matching, and paid vacation to all employees, plus profit-sharing!
After working as a Nurse Practitioner in rural Alaska and Montana for nearly two decades, Mary Ellen Doty came to understand the need for a staffing company that specializes in staffing rural and remote areas with excellent medical providers. Mary Ellen founded WMS in September 2010 in order to address this need. Now, with a team of dedicated employees, we’re growing faster than ever.