2134SG Permanent Position for Primary Care Nurse Practitioner in Southcentral Alaska
Location: Southcentral Alaska
WMS client is seeking a Family Nurse Practitioner to provide clinic services.
- Clinic 40 hrs per week, additional hours as needed to complete tasks and duties.
- No call.
- Average patient volume is 12 patients per 24-hour shift on weekdays, and average ER volume is about 5 patients.
- Evaluate and treat patients within the privilege range granted by the PCHS Board, and within the scope of training, capabilities, and license criteria as a health care provider.
- Be a patient advocate.
- Coordinate health promotional activities.
- Provide patient follow-up as necessary for continuity of care.
- Coordinate care with other health care providers when referrals are necessary.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and timely documentation regarding patient contacts within (EMR) patient charts.
- Conduct support groups in subjects related to physical and emotional health.
- Understands and supports the concept of the Chronic Care Model and the Health Disparities Collaborative
Team Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assume a leadership role for a primary care team
- Analyze population data to identify high leverage interventions with their patient panel.
- Assist in facilitating coordination of care
- Develop and implement a plan of care and recommend interventions to attain optimal patient function
- Effectively utilize electronic health record (EHR) to document clinical activity and manage patient population
- Work effectively and cooperatively with other members of Care Team
- Participates in Care Team training and learning activities
Education, Certification and Experience Requirements:
- Education: successful completion of an approved Nurse Practitioner program.
- Licenses: Active RN and NP license in Alaska, DEA registration and board certified required.
- Certifications: BLS, ACLS.
- Work Experience: Desired candidates should have three years’ experience in the clinic setting. Others are encourage to apply.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary: $125,000 – $135,000 commensurate with experience.
- Sign on bonus, AK licensure reimbursement, medical, dental and vision insurance, PTO, floating holiday, CE time off and funds, paid holidays, life insurance, AD&D, long/short term disability, 403b, jury duty, volunteer time, access to NHSC and State of Alaska SHARP loan repayment program
At Wilderness Medical Staffing, we know you want a fulfilling career where you can practice meaningful medicine with less burnout. We believe that practicing medicine should be an adventure and understand what it feels like to be in your position because our company was founded by a provider like you over 11 years ago. We’re a purpose-driven locum tenens and permanent placement staffing company that actively staffs over 150 amazing rural and remote locations in the northwest United States and Alaska.
All inquiries are confidential